Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas and Deceased Ancestors

Sadly, I cannot say that we ever did anything special to honor our ancestors who passed on before us during the Christmas season. Because we were such a small family and we were in California when most of our family was in the East, we didn't have anyone to interact with. I think we only visited my gramma's grave a handful of times. I don't think I would even know where it is now.

This year, though, I have thought of my mom a lot more than in the past. I really miss her and wish she were still here. I miss my dad too but he has been gone a lot longer, so the sting of his absence is a lot less. He would have been far more interested in family history than my mom was. Too bad I was so slow to get interested in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment