Thursday, December 30, 2010

Joining a Lineage Society

Last night I learned that I am finally eligible for a lineage society. Not such a big deal but with friends that belong to DUP, DAR, and children and a husband who are eligible to join SAR and DAR, I always wondered if there was a lineage society for me.

Last night, I found one! La Société des Filles du roi et soldats du Carignan, Inc. This is so exciting, at least to me. I look forward to being able to share some of my heritage with others who may have the same gr gr + grandmothers I have. There were at least two female ancestors who came to Canada as Filles du Roi, but I have more lines to research on my French Canadian side, so there may be other “Filles”.

So far, I have not found any soldiers, but, with time, I may find some as well.

How I wish I had begun this family history research while we were still living in Virginia. There would have been so many research opportunities for me not to mention, I was only hours’ drives away from my ancestral grounds. This lineage society is located in Chantilly, Virginia, would have been so close, (sigh).

No comments:

Post a Comment